By: Cenk Akerson
The industry’s number one trending topic over the last 5-6 years has been ‘Digital Innovation’. Adoption has been slower that one would hope for, but COVID 19 has acted as a super catalyst to accelerate the efforts and open up the industry’s attitude for action…..
- Proven (reserve is there)
- Probable (reserve most likely to be there)
- Possible (reserve might be there)
- Vision and strategy: what is our vision and our strategy to serve this vision?
- Customer acquisition cost planning: how to reach the customer and what investment is needed?
- Meaningful content: what makes the value proposition meaningful to the traveller?
- Overnight success goal: what sensible KPI’s should be employed and a realistic timeline
As to the future, yes, travel will resume in the next 1 to 3 years. But the question is: will travelling passengers come back to the stores? Are you ready to embrace them?